- Organic Food |
- Feeding |
- Health & Wellness |
- Bath & Skin |
- Diapering |
- For Mom |
- Clothes & Toys |
- Sale |
What is bamboo?
Bamboo is a group of woody perennial evergreen plants in the grass family. It is also one of the world's most prolific and fastest-growing plants that are able to reach maturity in about four years. Today you can find a plethora of baby supplies made from bamboo such as wipes, cloth diapers, reusable cloth diaper liners, flushable cloth diaper liners, clothes, feeding supplies and toys.
Why bamboo for babies?
• It's luxuriously soft.
• It has supreme absorbency.
• It regulates body temperature.
• It's anti-microbial, anti-fungal, odor-resistant and hypo-allergenic.
Bamboo is extremely permeable and wicks moisture away from the skin. 100% bamboo dries twice as fast as cotton. For babies, staying dry means staying warm and happy!
Why bamboo for the environment?
• It's eco-friendly.
• It's one of the most abundant, renewable, and sustainable plants in the world.
• It requires little water, grows rapidly and can continue to grow after harvest.
• It converts about 35% more CO2 into oxygen than a regular tree.
• When processed responsibly, bamboo doesn’t hurt workers or the environment.
• It is a naturally green source for textiles.
Much of the bamboo that is grown to supply the textile industry is done in a carefully controlled and responsible manner that is certified organic, pesticide-free, and can be manufactured using a “closed system” that reclaims the production materials for recycling and reuse!
How to Choose?
• Uses organic bamboo.
• Uses “closed-loop” production or chemical-free/enzyme-based production.
• Gives back to the pandas.
• Is produced closer to home.